CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Purity Conference

I spent a weekend at a Girls of Purity conference with some friends. The content was fairly basic, but the speaker was phenomenal. I'm not ready to spill everything that happened that weekend, but God really revealed some things to me through a girl we were travelling with. It was simply amazing, and I was left in tears of... well, I'm not sure what kind of tears they were. The best explaination is it was simply all the emotions involved in hearing such words in God's presence. I want what she has. God is pulling me closer to Him, and I often find myself thinking how he's sitting right beside me. Or standing right above me, hand on my shoulder. I find myself just talking to him about my day or asking for help. My youth pastor said something that really got me thinking:

"Your parents want the best for you and would go to great lengths for it," she said, "So just imagine how much further God would go."

It really impacted how I view my relationship with Him and prayer in general. I am God's daughter. He truly can do anything! Only He has the strength to get me through whatever problems the day holds. The very idea is amazing. Even when I mess up, He's right there saying He forgives me. I've been feeling so happy lately and I find I hardly care how I look anymore. Who cares about makeup, the perfect outfit, or how thin you are? God sure doesn't! And I certainly shouldn't feel I need any of it to be beautiful in God's eyes.

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

0 comments: