CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 6, 2009

A day in the life of a dream

So I've been wanting to make a blog entry lately, only I'm not sure what about.

Let's see... I've been reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. The movie looks pretty good, but I want to finish the book first! The book is well-written. It's refreshing after a lot of empty books with no real... thickness about them. Inkheart is pleasantly thought-provoking.

Last night, as a family, we finished reading Watership Down. My dad read the entire thing aloud to us. A really good book, but I suspect it might get a bit boring reading it on your own. Still, a work of genius.

So I have a 12-page paper due on Monday. I have about 2 and a half done. That's the downfall of reading... get sucked in, and nothing (NOTHING) will get done! I've been reading all, all, all day... barely any homework done, no piano practice, no movement... just sitting and reading, and enjoying every minute of it.

I've been kind of obsessed with dreams lately. And, subsequently, an obsession with telling only a select few their contents (and even then, never the whole story). Dreams are incredible... you're a genius when you're asleep. I've had some particularly vivid ones lately, the kind you wish existed, wished so incredibly much... it's painful, returning to reality. Returning to a reality without mermaids, flying, dolls that come to life, and tiny fairy princes. Those are my dreams. And how positively amazing they are!

On a more realistic update... got my permit today! Six months and I'll be driving all on own ;] My mom's a little ticked because when I get a job over the summer, she'll be driving me there and back, etc. Kind of a sticky situation there.

Going to Europe in one month!

0 comments: