CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Senioritis

It's the time of year where you're burned out by incredible amounts of extracurricular activities and very little motivation for daily homework. Plus the various scholarship applications are giving you bad dreams and you're officially stressed out over deadlines and decide it's time to go live in a convent.

WELL, Olympics have been swinging full-force this year and they have been excellent. My current favorites are Patrick chan, Shaun White, and Apollo Ohno. "But they're all male!" you say... yes, well 1)I haven't gotten to watch many events lately due to the above, and 2)Hey, I'm female. I've watched more events than I have in the past- to be honest, I never even knew there was a sport calling Curling! And quite an event it is, haha.

Watching the ice skaters has really made me want to learn to jump on the ice. I can skate in circles all day long, but I've never had any sort of training, of course. I think it would be fun, not even to compete, but just have the personal satisfaction of being strong and skilled enough to do a few slick moves or whatnot. The only problem is my younger sister is currently taking said classes, which is honestly kind of a blow to my pride. I have to get over that. But anywho, I don't think I would be bold enough to take beginners lessons... perhaps an older beginner class somewhere? Someday... Before I'm too old...

So I've decided on a college. I can't post it here, obviously, but let me say... it looks excellent. I'm excruciatingly (slight exaggeration) excited for the honors program. The campus itself is gorgeous and very new as far as the buildings themselves go. I actually got to see it for the first time this morning and take a big tour-question-event day. I had already accepted my offer with a bit of a gamble, but it looks like the gamble will pay off!

WELL I'm exhausted and I have a long list of things to do yet. There's my short update. Remember who you are!

In Christ,
Jessie

0 comments: