CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The First Post

Oh, I hate this part.
The first post. What are you supposed to write about? Nothing stupid. But then, you can't make it sound like a know-it-all. Friends are always a good choice, but then, does that make others feel left out?
Shall I talk about my life? No, that would be too self-centered. Well, what about yours? Wait, that wouldn't work too well. Music is usually a generic topic, but too shallow. On a blog, you should sound deep, right? Okay, deep. Deep... I could always speak of the meaning of life. But that's too obvious. Plus, it would sound like I'm intentionally trying to appear wise. How about knowledge? A step down from wise. I could always post the speech I presented on stereotypes, or perhaps the biology report that took hours. That would show that I'm knowledgeable and catch someone's interest. But once again, we arrive at the "self-centered" problem.
Oh, how I hate this part! The first post is like a first impression. "Who is this person?" "What is this person like?" "Is this person just the same as all the others?" There is simply too much pressure!
I could write about me. A repeat of filling out all of the profile information... only worded differently. That would give me an easy way out. Or, should I just dive right in? Pretend I've been doing this blog for years and start off with just a diary-like entry. "Today was like any other day... blah blah blah..."

I could write about the people around me. That would sort of combine a bunch of topics into one. But are we just going in a circle, then? Friends.
This is the part of having a blog that I hate! Being judged. It's like someone's holding a gun to your back saying to post something good or you're going to have to move to a different blogging website and come up with a new name so that all your blogging shame can be erased. That horrid first post. Does the first post define who you are? Does it define my entire being?! WILL LIFE GO ON IF I DO A BAD FIRST POST?!

Well, duh.
I'm still here, aren't I?

0 comments: