CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

West Fork Lake Dam, Ohio

I just spent a week in Ohio. We spent an hour at West Fork Lake Dam. My dad used to go there early in the mornings just to walk around. He claims I've been there, but I have absolutely no recollection.

Anyways, here's some pictures I took with my mom's fancy camera. By "fancy", I mean it's better than we've ever had before now. So, enjoy!

There was a single little dandelion on the side of the road.


The dandelion again, but in color. Obviously. :]


Near the start of the road was a little run-down house. We couldn't figure out who the owner is... it looks abandoned. Still, it's always fun to fantasize about buying and fixing it up one day. Truly a cute little building!

And there was a fantabulous dead tree. Just had to get a picture of it! I love the way the branches stick out from all the greenery!


And... blades of grass. Not very original, but I like the way the bridge sits in the background. And I don't mean tilting. That's my own quirk.


The street we walked along.


Driftwood.


There were little boxes set up in a field of wildflowers. I'm pretty sure they're just birdhouses, but could they be bat boxes? Either way, I found them very attractive. What I wouldn't give to have a backyard that looks like that!


A picture captured as we started to leave. All the pictures are out of order, so let's just ignore that. ;]


The cute house again, from the side.


This is one of my favorite pictures taken that day. It's the cottage's front door. It looks like something out of old America. Of course, it probably is, but you get the point.


Another view of the road. Up ahead, it curves to the right. The parking lot is down a hill on the left.


This place is now on my "favorite places to photograph" list. Or even just to be at. Except for all the hidden poison ivy! Back at the hotel, my family and I had to wash down our legs. The last thing we need is a case of poison ivy. Even so, we discovered I'm allergic to grass!
In all, the trip to Ohio was great. It was fun to see all my old friends again. But although it holds many memories for me and I love the area, it just didn't feel like home anymore. In fact, I was almost looking forward to getting back home to good ol' Arizona. Even if the heat is extreme here!

0 comments: