CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Selfish

I feel like such a jerk. Sometimes I push it too far... I get too annoying, wanting the person to do something. Like to join a website I think they'd like. But then... it all crumbles. They don't say anything, but I'm left with the uncertainty... and myself.

Did you know I just said "I" five times? As if it's all about me.

I can get so sarcastic with people. Just joking with them and all... but then it turns serious out of the blue. God, please make me more selfless... humble my heart! I sometimes feel like I'm the best thing that ever walked the planet. How can I be so selfish?! So arrogant?!

Oh Lord, please humble my heart!

I really have no right to have a low self esteem. I'm God's creation, after all. But then, should I have a high one? Confident in myself? Where is the point when one is simply confident in God?

Is it okay to want to look nice? Is it okay to want to wear makeup, dress nicely, be slim, and try to get a nice haircut? Or is it all just vain self-absorption? Would it be better if we were all plain? Maybe the Amish have it all down the right way... But then again, God forgives. But at what point is vanity a sin? What kind of heart should I have?

...Or is this just a real-life example of my last post?

Lord, please guide my heart!

0 comments: